Sign in to follow this  
Conrad

Age 62 and four months

Hi Devin-

On a recent Youtube video you alluded to starting benefits at 62/4. It caught my attention and I have

been searching for the special significance of 62/4.  

You may be referencing the video I did titled, "You Can't Get Social Security at 62." The SSA website discusses this at https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0300615015.  This is the video where I discuss that you have to be 62 for a full month to qualify for benefits. For example, if your birthday is June 6th, the SSA does not count you as 62 until July. So you'd be eligible for a benefit for July which would be paid in August. 

However, you may be referencing the video I just did on survivor benefits and the discussion on the widow's limit. This is where the deceased spouse filed early and effectively locked in the benefits a deceased spouse can receive. 

Let me know which of these it is and I'll try to follow up with more information.  

Devin-

Thank you for the very quick reply.  I'll go back to the video and watch it again.  I may have mixed up

apples and oranges.

I just re-watched the 5 Social Security Mistakes video and you clearly referred to survivor benefits.  

Thank you again for educating me.