Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Because a few years teaching in a public high school, I am affected by the WEP. On my birthdate, August 27, 2018, I became 68 years old. By the end of this year, I will have accumulated 27 years of Substantial Earnings, so my Social Security will be reduced by 25%. (Hope I have this correct.) I don’t want to leave anything on the table, but I’m tired and I want to start receiving Social Security. I would like to retire when I reach 69; however, I want to receive credit for 28 years of Substantial Earnings. How can I prove that I have received that level of earnings by my birthdate, or do I have to wait to the end of the year and depend on income tax filings to prove earnings?